EASY HOMEMADE DOG TREATS
FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BOMBS
Although summer is almost over they heat is still in full effect for most people, And what's better on a hot day than a frozen treat! We here at SitStay have been experimenting with a few recipes for easy homemade dog treats that are frozen and perfect for those hot summer days. The first one we want to share is our peanut butter banana bombs made with coconut, Banana, and Peanut Butter, they are super easy so you can get the kids involved and the prep time is 10 minutes plus however long it takes to freeze! There is not much to these treats and by making them at home, you know what your dog is consuming.
- Peanut Butter: ½ cup
- Coconut oil: 1 cup
- Banana: 1
- Place 1 cup of coconut oil in microwave safe container and melt until liquid (if prefered you can also do this on the stove in a pan)
- Place ½ cup peanut butter in microwave safe container and melt until it is easy to stir
- Mix coconut oil and peanut butter into a bowl or cup
- Pour this mixture into molds or an ice tray if it is what you have.
- Slice up banana into pieces
- Plop one or two slices in each mold segment
- Serve to your furry friend